Monday 28 December 2020

Lyme Dreams: A Series #1 - Was my Brother Really that Horrid?

Photo via Bruno Scramgnon on Pexels (596132)

Some of my earliest Lyme dreams were the most realistic and upsetting.  Since these early dreams aren't that fun, I'll keep them short.  

In the dream.... My brother and sister-in-law had been trying to have a baby for a while.  My sister-in-law was finally pregnant and super happy about it and my brother had an affair with my friend and tried to force my friend to have an abortion.  And then my brother was going to leave my sister-in-law now that she was pregnant.  I was horrified.  That was the whole dream.  Nothing exciting; it could have been all too real.  

The main problem with Lyme Dreams is that they have an urgency, a reality to them that I can't always tell if they are real or not.  Sometimes I genuinely believe they have happened.  But I was so worried about my friend's safety that I had to call her to make sure she was ok.  I knew that this hadn't happened in real life.  But I didn't "know" that my friend was ok until I had called her and asked her if she was ok and she had responded that she was fine.  Then I had to call my brother and sister-in-law to make sure that she was ok.  I didn't give them particulars about the weird dream.  I just asked if she was ok and if everything was good.  Only after hearing that everyone was well, did I feel like I could finally breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment