Tuesday 1 May 2012

Tea Time

 
Tea time: clock in the tea cup
I didn't always love tea.  But tea has slowly grown on me.  Now I find myself wishing for lovely warm cups of tea to greet me when I come home.  Maybe it's just the cold North Yorkshire weather that has finally gotten to me.  It is rather hard to imagine living here without tea.  And there is nothing quite as friendly as someone who is running to the kitchen asking if they can get you a cuppa.

Lazy afternoon chats with housemates over a nice cup of tea are simply wonderful weekend pastimes.  Of course, tea here in the UK can also mean dinner.  If someone has invited you round for tea they could mean a meal.  That caught me by surprise at first.  But I think I like the way tea is a part of the culture here.  Tea is food and drink.  It is comfortable and comforting.  Tea is friendly.  Tea belongs everywhere, even in the workplace.  And you know what?  I think I'll keep it.  I like having a nice cuppa every now and then.

Clock on a tea spoon


No comments:

Post a Comment