Wednesday 7 October 2020

The Transitory Brilliance of Day Turning into Night

 

Transition from day to night by The Madder Hatter

I love that moment between daytime and nighttime where the world has all the attractions of both, the transitory mystery of perfectly balanced opposites.  Color, and lingering warmth, and the solitude of cloaking darkness.  The gilding of the edges of the world made more exquisite as the light fades.  The world crosses the threshold from day to night in one moment, and I can never quite tell you which one, because I'm always so caught up in the wonder of the display.  I'm intoxicated by the shifting color, temperature and light.  It's drawn out in the most deliciously subtle way.  Then suddenly, it's night.  And I find myself sitting in nature's empty movie theater after all the credits have rolled and before the night puts on its show of stars.  I smile, and I gather my things and I walk off beneath the memory of something beautiful I have just witnessed, experienced.  It was there for all to see, just as any truly great spectacle, and yet, it was still somehow all my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment