Thursday 31 December 2020

Lyme Dreams: A Series #5 - Nightmare Hospital/DMV for the Unemployed

My house all decked out for Christmas


I woke up Christmas morning shaking from adrenaline because I'd had the most intense dream about running around in a nightmare hospital.  The dream was as follows:

Someone had hacked into the computer system and stolen information and they made it all trace back to me.  I was the patsy for their crime.  And whoever was mad about the crime was coming after me, to get me.  So, I was running through this hospital trying to escape and I'm being chased all the while.  And the hospital is a nightmare maze.  I keep dead ending in corridors with only one door into the Ebola unit, which I know I can't run through.  So I have to turn around and go back the way I came and try to avoid the people after me.  It all starts to look super familiar and not because it's a maze of hospital corridors that all look the same.  I realize I've had this dream before, but last time it was also an airport.  

This time it's not an airport with airport security, this time a room for Unemployment that looks a lot like the DMV.  Only I'm trying to run through it to get away and a big angry woman, dead inside (you know, works at the DMV) just blocks my way and tells me.  "Put on an orange jumpsuit and get in line"

I tell her I'm just trying to get through and she says "Put on an orange jumpsuit and get in line".  And I see all the lines are full of people wearing orange jumpsuits waiting in huge long lines.  I don't have time for this because I'm being chased.  But the lady is still in my way.  And part of me feels like I need to stay and get in line because I know I'm also unemployed just like everyone else in this room.  

I see another lady has finally made it to the counter at the front of the line and she is given a giant pink post it note saying that she is being deported to Wisconsin because she is unemployed.  She's super upset and threatens to call her lawyer about it.  I finally break away from the lady insisting I get in a jumpsuit and make it towards the other side of the room when I wake up.

I'm physically shaking from all the adrenaline from that dream.  It's Christmas morning.  After a few minutes of breathing I gathered myself and got up to do the whole Christmas thing.  


No comments:

Post a Comment