Wednesday 23 December 2020

Ozone IV Treatment - Mad Science in the Modern Age

So, I've started going in for Ozone IV treatments.  I've been to three so far.  And I have to say it's the most mad-science thing I've done.  

Trigger warning: I'm about to talk about IV treatments, which involve, well, needles and blood.  If this isn't your thing bail now.  

Let me begin by saying I'm mad.  So, about a year ago I joked that I should just waltz into a dialysis clinic and get all my blood purified through a machine to get rid of Lyme.  I know that Lyme doesn't strictly live in the blood, but I know it's at least in there somewhat or you couldn't test with blood samples.  It just seemed logical to me, but I knew it was probably zany.  I joked about it and then forgot about it (hello, Lyme brain).

Fast forward to me going to my third doctor for Lyme Disease and being about as excitable as a hibernating bear.  When I was told I had West Nile Virus by a different doctor I just said "Cool," in a deadpan voice.  So, Dr #3 tells me I should do Ozone Treatments and I said "ok."  I didn't even ask what they were or how they worked.  I didn't ask anything.  Not even how expensive they were.  I just said ok and made an appointment.  

A week later I walk into the office to do my first Ozone treatment and I haven't even wondered how it works.  I get a paper to sign away all my rights and read the word IV treatment.  IV?  I just now realize that I don't even know what I'm getting into in about ten minutes and also that I'd kind of assumed it was something else.  I guess I thought ozone, air, must be breathed, probably wear a little mask and breathe for an hour or something.  Nope, nope, nope.  I've signed up to do Ozone IV treatments.  

So, the Dr who does the IV work comes and explains the procedure and I go "ok" sign the papers and away we go.  And it's really mad science people.  

Essentially they take your blood out, put air in it, shake it, and then give it back to you!

Who does that?  

I've never heard of such a thing in my life.  I've had blood drawn, sure.  But I've never had it borrowed, shaken up, and then given back.  That's just mad science stuff right?

Well, that's what the ozone treatment is really.  They hook you up to an IV and draw out a rather large bag of your blood.  They leave it on the floor so that you flow faster.  You just sort of bleed into a bag on the floor.  It's weird.  Somewhere towards the beginning of all this, she injects something that prevents your blood from clotting in the bag.  Then she takes giant syringes and fills them with ozone in this large machine that looks like it was built for a sci-fi movie set.  Then she takes these giant syringes that look empty (but are actually filled with three oxygen's loosely bonded) and she injects them into your blood in the bag.  

Next, she shakes up your blood and it turns bright red, like fire-engine, Christmas poinsettia, red.  She looks at it to make sure it's the right color (or that's what I think she's doing, like some Medieval doctor studying the color of your pee in a vial), then she hangs it up on an IV stand and she lets your blood drip back into your body.  

Apparently, three oxygen's loosely bonded (this is what ozone is by the way) are ready to drop an electron at the slightest provocation.  So if you shake up the blood the oxygens bump into viruses and bacteria and stuff and give an electron to them.  This instantly kills them.  So, if it bumps into a Lyme spirochete, or a Babesia parasite, or Bartonella bacteria, it gives them an electron and kills them instantly.  (Which is cool!)  

Then you get your blood back with dead parasites and such and you could have a reaction to the toxins that they release upon dying, but you have that many fewer parasites/bacteria/viruses in your body.  So, it's a win. 

Anyway, after you've finally slow dripped your blood back into your body, she tells you not to bend your arm or twist.  No lifting heavy weights or opening doors for awhile.  Then you go home like you didn't just take the blood out of your body change its color with air and put it back.  

It's the most mad-science thing to come out of modern medicine that I've heard of in a long time.  But hey, if it works, I'm in.

P.S.  The first session was with two syringes of ozone.  I felt nothing.  The second and third sessions have been with four syringes.  And let me tell you, I am having a bit of a Herxheimer reaction.  My muscles ache like nobody's business.  But if that means it's working, I'll soldier on!  I'm so ready to kills these little bastards.  

Real Science



(This explains the Herxheimer Reaction - everything it says, although written about Candida, is true of people having this reaction from treating Lyme)








No comments:

Post a Comment