Saturday 3 October 2020

I Feel like I'm Playing Lyme Roulette

For me, one of the biggest problems with trying to treat or just deal with Lyme Disease on a daily basis, is knowing what is actually being caused by Lyme disease.

I get headaches, and I get muscle stiffness.  But is that because I'm dehydrated, or is it a symptom of Lyme.  The symptoms of Lyme can be cyclical, which means they can come and go.  It's a bit of a nightmare really.  So, if the doctor asks if I am still having headaches, and I haven't had a horrible one in a few days, am I done?  Or is it just going to come back again?  Who knows?!

So, it's hard to know if your headache or your muscle soreness, or your fatigue, or your anxiety is related to Lyme or not.  Should I take an aspirin for this headache or is it pointless?  Should I take bath in Epsom salts for my muscles?  Or is it pointless?  

I think the reality for me is that the majority of my present, passing and cyclical afflictions are Lyme related or caused.  With only one being something else.  It's like playing Russian roulette with symptoms.  One of these might be something you should pay attention to.  Do you want to pull the trigger and find out?  Or do you call it all Lyme and miss something else going on .

Essentially Lyme Disease is a joy.  It feels like high stakes gambling with your health.   


For Other Posts about Lyme Disease see the following:

How to Find the Right Doctor for Lyme Disease 

How Did I Get Lyme Disease?

So, I have Lyme Disease

Lyme Disease a List of Symptoms

Lyme Disease the Great Masquerader of Diseases

No comments:

Post a Comment