Wednesday 6 January 2021

Lyme Dreams: A Series #8 - Jealousy in the House

This is a really cool cliff wall of rock up near Split Mountain in the desert

I had a dream where I was somehow in a relationship with a friend who I will call Bob:

So, somehow in the dream, I know that I'm in a relationship with Bob.  But I don't want to be because I'm actually in love with, oh let's call him Thornton (in real life Thornton is my actual boyfriend, just with a different name, of course).  Since Bob also knows that I'm in love with Thornton, he gets jealous.  It's only natural, we're in a relationship, Bob and I.  

So, apparently, it seems like a good idea to Bob to plan an elaborate thing to make me jealous.  We live in a proper house that has a dorm room style bunk bed situation in the bedroom.  I come home and walk into the bedroom to find Bob actively sleeping with some random girl.  He's trying to make aggressive eye contact with me because he's doing this to make me jealous.  

Apparently, I'm unflappable.  I just look down because it's awkward as all Hell, and I get whatever I needed from the room and turn around to leave.  I say "Well, I'll just, uh, leave you to it then."  I close the door softly behind me and walk away.  I'm not the least bit jealous.  Bob's plan fails.  But I feel super awkward about what I just witnessed.

Then I wake up.

I know that I'm not in an actual relationship with Bob, nor did I do anything, not even in the dream.  But I still felt horribly guilty that I'd gotten into a dream relationship with Bob.  I called my boyfriend, the real-life Thornton (of another name) and told him the whole strange dream.  He laughed uproariously.  He thought it was hilarious that I had dreamed I was in a relationship with Bob, he also thought it was exactly the sort of bizarre hijinks Bob would get up to out of jealousy (dialed up to ten for dream drama of course).  He thought it was super funny that I felt guilty for this dream relationship that I made up in my Lyme dreams.  After I finally stopped feeling guilty about it, I also thought it was funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment