Monday 9 November 2020

What did you Expect?

Recently I had the most infuriating and enlightening conversation with my doctor.

After a twenty-minute discussion about my current symptoms.  Ok, ok, it was twenty minutes of me complaining about how I have nearly every symptom on the list for Babesia and Bartonella, my doctor asked me a single question.  

Doctor: What is your worst symptom?

Me: *thinking to myself, um, all of them together?

Me: uh... it depends on the day I guess, somedays it's my memory that's the worst, other days it's my hand pain.  So, I guess I have to say pain, is the worst of my symptoms.  

Doctor: Have you taken the CBD oil pills I prescribed you?

Me: Yes, I'm nearly finished with the first bottle and I haven't noticed a difference.

Doctor: What did you expect them to do for you?

Me: ...

Me: umm

Me: I thought they would help with pain... like you said they would?

Doctor: *changes subject

Honestly, several days later, I still don't even know what to think.  I mean, what kind of conversation is this?  I was so shocked.  So, it's pretty clear that this doctor is not really working out for me.  I'm on the hunt for another doctor again.  

I need a doctor that won't wait until they get conclusive results from inconclusive tests in order to treat me.  I need a doctor who is going to trust me, listen to me, and treat my symptoms.

Wish me luck.


For more on co-infections, there's an informative article called TOUCHED BY LYME: A close look at six Lyme-related infections


For Other Posts about Lyme Disease see the following:

So, I have Lyme Disease

How to Find the Right Doctor for Lyme Disease

How can you be Certain you have LYME DISEASE?

Lyme Disease a List of Symptoms

Lyme Disease the Great Masquerader of Diseases

How Did I Get Lyme Disease?

Memory Struggles with Lyme

I Feel Like I'm Playing Lyme Roulette

Do I have Lyme Disease or West Nile Virus? or a Co-infection?

No comments:

Post a Comment