Wednesday 4 November 2020

Lyme with a side of Babesia


Sunset at La Jolla Shores tonight was lovely

Tonight as the rest of the world worried about and anxiously awaited the results of the US Presidential election, I was anxious about other results.  I got back my test results today.

Today I received a positive test result on a Babesia FISH test.  This doesn't surprise me in the least because I've looked at symptoms of Babesia and I was already fairly certain I had it.  

I'm hoping, that when I finally get to speak with the doctor on Thursday, I can finally start treating something that has been making me miserable for nearly two years now.  There is a small fear that this result won't be "trusted" either and I'm going to have to either keep searching for doctors or keep running more tests that aren't trusted.  If I may be so bold as to suggest that we all hope the doctors start listening and trusting us when we say what our symptoms are and that they find us all effective treatments for all that ails us.  Having Lyme disease and its associated co-infections is no laughing matter.  (Don't get me wrong, I laugh, but some days it's either that or cry, you know?  I'm hoping for a new diagnosis and treatment course that starts to make me feel better.  

I'm so tired of feeling so miserable.

If anyone happens to be reading this, I could probably use all the prayers and good thoughts sent my way.  

So I took myself to the beach tonight to be out in the breeze and hear the waves endlessly crashing.  I wanted to remember that even the two years I've been fighting all this, is a short amount of time.  At least two years is a short amount of time when you consider the gradual work of the waves eroding the cliffs and the shells crumbling into sand.  Lyme disease is a terribly miserable thing to deal with (co-infections included in this) but I need to remember that it will pass and that the time will soon be distant when I lived this chapter.  I need to focus on the long term and remember that everything will be ok in the end.  I can weather a few more years if I have to.  I need to stand firm like the waves, chipping away at the cliffs until I crumble them and am healthy once more.  I need to harness the strength of wind, blowing gently at times, changing directions, following what I must, but always eroding the cliffs one gust at a time.  Of course, I'd like to bring the whole Lyme cliff down in one terrible storm.  And yet, even if I don't, I'll make it out the other side.  

For more on co-infections, there's an informative article called TOUCHED BY LYME: A close look at six Lyme-related infections


For Other Posts about Lyme Disease see the following:

So, I have Lyme Disease

How to Find the Right Doctor for Lyme Disease

How can you be Certain you have LYME DISEASE?

Lyme Disease a List of Symptoms

Lyme Disease the Great Masquerader of Diseases

How Did I Get Lyme Disease?

Memory Struggles with Lyme

I Feel Like I'm Playing Lyme Roulette

Do I have Lyme Disease or West Nile Virus? or a Co-infection?

No comments:

Post a Comment